Monday, December 6, 2010

Poinsettia & Snowflake Cookies




The ladies from our church had our annual Christmas Party last week. Here are some pictures of the cookies we made for it.




Since I was in charge of the cookie making, I decided we needed to stick with two designs. Last year we had seven or eight different shapes going on, then we needed icing in every color of the rainbow! We barely finished the cookies in time for the party!




Having only two designs did help, but we almost doubled the amount of cookies we made, so it was still quite a project.




One evening, I made up the dough and put it in the freezer. Then two nights before the party, my sister and I met at the church cafeteria and baked the cookies. The huge cookie sheets and convection oven made short work of it! The next evening we glazed them. Then, the day of the party, a friend and I did the detail work.



It was a lot of work, but it was the fun kind! We even did a few without the glaze for those who prefer less icing.




And here's a picture of most of the 225 cookies!



I thought I had figured the dough for close to 300 cookies, but we only came up with 225. When we were almost done decorating, one of the cafeteria cooks called and asked if we needed the cookie dough that was in the freezer! My sister had put it in the freezer because she was afraid it was going to thaw too much, then we completely forgot about it. By that time, I was very glad we had forgot about it!

Thank you, Becca, Dawn and Heather, for all your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment